This new specific oil cooler has custom end tanks with a 45° front angle, allowing it to fit flush inside ’73-style RS/RSR bumpers. The fittings are pointed straight back. For best airflow and highest performance, CSF recommends cutting the front tub to allow for proper air flow, exiting behind the oil cooler and underneath the vehicle. Cutting the front tub will also give clearance to allow adding a rear fan shroud to pull more air through the cooler at slower speeds or while idling.
These oil coolers are commonly utilized for engine oil, transmission oil, power-steering fluid, and differential fluid, plus can be used as a water heat exchanger. These new oil coolers can be mounted horizontally, vertically, as well as parallel to the ground (provided that the oil cooler has proper air-flow).
The longer/shorter rectangular sizing allows the oil coolers to be placed in spaces that don’t have much vertical surface area as well as promotes better airflow to the other components in the cooling system. The durable, heavy-duty bar and plate design can withstand a higher peak burst rate and road debris.
- High Efficiency & Rugged Durability Bar/Plate Design
- M22 x 1.5 Inlet/Outlet Connections
- Internal Radius for Maximum Flow
- Optimized to Also Accept AN-16 Connections
- Triangular Flush Mounting Holes (M8 x 1.25)
- “Aero-Flow” Bar Design for Lightweight, Strength, and Maximum Flow
- Satin Black Finish for Extreme Protection Against Corrosion and Debris
- Pressure Tested at 120psi